Your landscaping is a big part of your home’s curb appeal. And, some landscaping features can even add to the value of your home. A beautifully landscaped lawn also shows pride in home ownership, enhancing the beauty of the entire neighborhood.
Your lawn is also an ideal place to enjoy all of the beauty that Mother Nature has to offer during the warmer months. And, it’s the perfect place to host parties and family gatherings when the weather is nice, keeping all of that activity and most of the mess outside.
Are you thinking about sprucing up your landscaping? Maybe it needs a little work, or you might just be thinking about some ways to add some features that would make your yard a little more enjoyable for you, your family, or your friends.
Heffner Landscaping has been designing and maintaining the lawns of Moore County residents for over 30 years. Our team of landscape design professionals are actually responsible for much of the beauty that you see around your community. And, our horticultural experts work hand-in-hand with our design team, keeping abreast of the latest landscaping trends.
At Heffner Landscaping, we still stand by the foundation of basics that our company was built on by providing exceptional service, professionalism, and high-quality service. We also realize the value of incorporating trends and the latest innovations into your landscaping design. Here are nine ideas for 2019 summer landscaping design trends that might be just what you are looking for to create a little more outdoor appeal in your yard.
1. Eco-friendly Landscaping
The focus on improving our environment is an ever-growing and increasingly important trend, and there are a few different ways that you can add some improvements to your landscaping that will be beneficial to the environment.
- Use plants that are native to your environment. They’ll not only thrive better, but having more plants that are a natural part of your surroundings helps to keep that delicate balance of nature, supporting other ecosystems that depend on them for life.
- Our global supply of water has been decreasing at an alarming rate, causing all of us to look for ways to reduce our consumption of water. While your landscaping may need some sort of irrigation system, our team of specialists are well-versed in all of the latest water-saving methods.
- You can reduce the impact of your carbon footprint on the environment by utilizing recycled wood and other materials for the construction of your landscaping projects.
- You could also convert any existing structures into more attractive landscape features.
- Sticks, leaves, pine cones, and other natural yard waste can actually be transformed into beautifully creative landscaping accessories.
- If you end up with more food from your garden than you can consume, you could help out your community by donating them to a local shelter.
We can also help you if you are looking for greener solutions to keep your landscaping beautiful. There are a few different ways that we can embrace the beauty of nature and minimize, if not eliminate entirely, the use of harmful pesticides.
Gardens are very trendy for both producing your own flowers and your own food. They’re also great for conversation when you have company over. We’ll not only help you plan where to put a garden, but if you’d like any decorative fencing or enclosures added to really set it off, we’ve got you covered. Gardens are a beautiful and functional way to enhance the appeal of your landscaping.
3. Use Food for Ornamental Plants
Accentuate the look of any area of your landscaping with ornamental planters growing food-bearing plants. You could also have planters hanging or under windowsills for herbs and smaller veggies. Not only is growing your own food trendy, it’s also very convenient if you have a tomato ready to pick when you need one.
They’ll always be popular because they come back every year, unlike annuals. We can help you choose the best perennials for your particular landscaping, and even guide you through when they bloom. That way, you’ll have blooms from all of the different varieties throughout the entire growing season.
5. Conversation Areas
You may already have a patio or deck where you can relax or entertain outdoors. But, how about adding another area that might be a little more private but still flows well with the rest of your landscaping. Here a few ideas.
- Fire pits: There is just something calming about sitting around the glowing embers of a fire on a cool, summer night. You can buy fire pits that are already constructed or have one custom designed and installed for you. Add a few comfy chairs, and you’re all set.
- Serenity garden: We can help you find an area in your yard where you can carve out a serenity garden with a some comfortable seating, pathways, and naturally defined growing areas. You could use some of the existing foliage, and add in different plants that appeal to you. It’s almost like having a cozy living room in your backyard.
- Fountains: The almost mesmerizing sound of water softly flowing is always an attractive addition to any landscaping design. They can even be the focal point of an outdoor seating area.
6. Add an Outdoor Kitchen
The only bad thing about having outdoor get-togethers is that someone usually gets stuck inside of the house most of the time preparing all of the food. But, not if you have a kitchen outside. We can build your own chef’s kitchen on, or around, your existing patio area. Then, you’ll be outside with all of your guests, interacting with them while you’re doing all of the cooking. You might even get a little help.
7. Pergolas are Trendy
Another gorgeous addition to your landscaping, pergolas can provide just the right amount of shade while still letting some natural light flow through. We can show you some great styles and even show you examples of some of the pergolas that we’ve built. You can have them over your deck, or you can build one in the yard creating another patio area.
8. Planning for Animals
Why fight the inevitable? Just because you have pets or live where there is wildlife doesn’t mean that your landscaping has to suffer. You can actually plan some areas where they can roam and not cause damage. We can help you create an out-of-the-way area where your dog can do their business. And, there are some natural attractants that you can put in safe places to at least somewhat corral the wildlife if they decide to visit.
9. Those Little Extras
It’s always the details that really matter, right? Here are a few things that you could think about that would really add some value to your landscaping.
- How about a water-proof sound system for outdoor music?
- Quality always matters, especially when you are choosing outdoor furniture. And, think about the relaxing and lounging capabilities of the furniture when you are considering it.
- Outdoor lighting in various spots is always a nice touch.
- Dwarf shrubs are ideal for larger homes without a lot of landscaping space.
If you’re ready to see the real potential of your landscaping, give us a call today and let us know what you are thinking about. Our team of design experts will meet with you, get a feel for what you’re looking for, look at the space you have to work with, and provide with the best options to achieve the backyard of your dreams. You’ll quickly see how Heffner Landscaping has been satisfying so many Moore County residents for so many years.